The original school was built in 1879 and consisted of one school room. This situation existed until the 1960's, when a second classroom was built, and then, in the 1970's, a third classroom and a kitchen were added. The old schoolroom is now known as "the top end", and is used for assemblies, music, sewing, group teaching and Library study periods. It is our main resources area.
In 2007 a new hall extension was added to the school, which is used for assemblies, PE, eating lunch and school performances.
We organsied an Early Years INSET training day in our hall for our staff team and 41 teachers from our schools across Cumbria.
In 2015, thanks to a Lottery Grant, we unveiled our new school garden, which included:
- a vegetable and planting area;
- a sensory area;
- a water feature;
- glazed gazeba for outdoor learning;
- bird watching hide;
- 20+ bird boxes, toad homes and a bug hotel;
- outdoor benching and stage area in our woods;
- bog garden.
In 2016, we refurbished our Class 1, redesigning it to offer everything a child in our early years could desire, both inside and out.